Monday, September 10, 2012

short-sleeved onsie jacket for baby

We've all seen a lot of t-shirt refashions in the blogosphere.  So many, that it's getting hard to be original anymore.  This cardigan from an old t-shirt has got to be one of my favorites though.  It was this tutorial I thought of when I needed a little extra layer for my little one.
I bought my little girl a super cute dress, but the straps just looked silly on a one-year-old.  I thought I would just have her wear something underneath, but the dress had a onesie bottom built in, so I didn't want to double layer.  I thought a sweater would look super cute, but it was too hot.
 Later, as I was cleaning out some of the clothes that she has grown out of, I found this slightly stained white onesie, and I had a brilliant idea.  This literally took me 1 minute (or less) to make.  I made it so quickly that I didn't take before pictures, but here it is:




It is so simple, you probably don't even need this tutorial, but here it is:
Take a onesie.
cut off the bottom.
cut down the middle.
put on baby.

I didn't sew anything, although it would be super cute to have some ribbon or something around the middle so you could tie it.  The other day, she wore it with the two corners tied together like a shrug.  That was really cute too.
Have fun crafting, and let me know what fun improvements you've made to the short sleeved onesie jacket.

0 comments:

Post a Comment