Sunday, May 12, 2013

Annual blogpost

When I started this blog, I really intended to do weekly posts of crafty goodness, but turns out, I'm not much of a blogger.  But I did want to show off some of the latest projects.  My newest obsession is crocheting.  I've made several baby blankets for some of my friends, as well as a few amigurami projects, hats, and scarfs.  Here are the latest:

The hat is called a Madeira hat (pronounced Ma-day-da).  When I served as a missionary in Portugal, I had the opportunity to serve on the island of Madeira, and they wear hats like this. The chevron blanket was from a pattern that I tweaked a little bit. I wish I had made it bigger, but I didn't think I would have enough yarn.  The colors make me happy, though.

This blanket was another pattern that came with the pound of love yarn.  The hat is a trickier pattern that I tweaked so I could add the ribbon.  I need a baby head that I can borrow so I can see how it looks on. Any takers?

Well, I'm hoping to add more things soon... if anyone still sees this.  Ha!
Hope you all had a wonderful mothers day!  Have a stupendous week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment